Two things we all could do without during the holiday season- or any season- is dry skin and the desire to pull out our hair from stress! One of my favorite uses for essential oils is the emotional benefits I gain from using them, and dealing with high stress situations is so much easier now that I have my essential oils on hand at all times.
After a few months of just rolling on my Stress Away directly or diffusing it with Lavender before bed or after a stressful day I realized I can reap the benefits more by combining it into my homemade whipped body butter!
The base recipe for this whipped body butter can make several variations of a butter depending on the essential oils of your choice, or, it could simply make a yummy smelling body butter by using your favorite oils!
This is a great body butter to use on your little ones before bed to help them relax and rest easy, or on you before a big meeting or stressful jam-packed day.
Stress-less DIY Whipped Body Butter
Affiliate links used below
- 1/2 cup shea butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup sweet Jojoba oil, Young Living V6 oil, or almond oil
- 10 drops each of Stress Away and Lavender essential oil (you could also add a few drops of Joy for a boost in the morning)
- I only trust these pure and amazing essential oils for my family!
- Combine all ingredients, except the essential oils, in a bowl and use the double boiler method. Melt the ingredients until all liquid, stir occasionally to ensure everything stays combined.
- Remove from the heat and allow the mixture to partially set up. To speed up the process toss this in the freezer for about 10-15 minutes.
- Once the mixture is partially set- still partially transparent but solid enough to leave fingerprints in- add the essential oils in, and whip with a hand mixer or stand mixer until the body butter is fluffy and buttery, then transfer to a glass jar.
To avoid the whipped body butter from melting and then solidifying (and making it not-so-whipped) to where you have to scrape the body butter out with your fingernails (not that I would know…) avoid keeping this in a hot or humid place (like next to your shower, again, not that I’d know or anything…) and store in the fridge during hot summer months.
If it does melt again, just do the freezing and whipping process again. 🙂
This whipped body butter is so amazing to just smell and use when my skin is super dry. I have several variations on hand and at work with me. I love using a grapefruit and lime scented version in the summer, and a Christmas Spirit scented one during the winter!
For more recipes like this one be sure to grab my book- A House Built on Wellness now available on Amazon in e-format and paperback!
Essential oils are truly amazing alternatives to every day harsh chemicals and products. I replaced all of my cleaners with my all-purpose thieves cleaner and haven’t regretted it since. Everyday I’m finding more things in my everyday (especially beauty) routine to replace with oils. If you’re interested in living the oily life then be sure to head over to my Essential Oil page to get 24% off of everything you buy when you sign up as a distributor (with no obligation or requirement so sell anything!) and purchase the best deal in town, the Premium Starter Kit which contains the oils in this recipe!