Y’all know by now that I love me some relaxation time. From just generally surviving life to wanting to take some quiet time to myself to clear my mind and think of new ideas, relaxing baths with some wine, tv/book, and a yummy bath bomb is my jam.
While I do enjoy buying my bath bombs online from Young Living, making my own custom scents is so fun, too!
Makes three medium (6cm / 2.25″ diameter) round bath fizzies and one mini
The links for ingredients below are to where you can purchase the item on Amazon.com
1/2 cup Citric Acid
1 cup (290g) Baking Soda / Bicarbonate of Soda
1/4 cup (25g) Quick oats
10 drops each of Lavender and Ylang Ylang essential oil (or your preference of scents) I typically just add the oils until the scent is strong enough for my taste. Adjust the amounts accordingly!
- Pour your quick oats, citric acid, and baking soda into the bowl and mix well.
- Drop in your chosen essential oils.
- Now, here comes the part where you will need to act quickly! Spray witch hazel onto the mixture until it is slightly damp (think of damp sand on the beach or the consistency of that moon sand that kids play with) then mix. I typically do 2-3 sprays before mixing again and repeat until the texture seems moldable into a shape.
- Sprinkle a few lavender petals into the bottom of one of the sides of the mold then press the bath bomb mixture into the mold, filling to the brim.
- Scoop out a little bit of the bath bomb to make a small divit, and sprinkle more lavender petals into the hole to fill.
- Grab your other half o the mold and fill to the brim with the bath bomb mixture, then carefully squish the two pieces together and lock them in place to create your bath bomb.
- After about 15 minutes you can “de-mold” the bath bomb by carefully pulling them apart (don’t twist or you will rip the bath bomb in half). Then take the bath bomb and let it dry overnight on a folded hand or bath towel before storing.
Then, you can wrap these up for a cute gift (think Christmas stocking stuffers, coworker gift, bridal shower, birthday, etc) or keep them for yourself to enjoy on a nice night.
To use, simply fill the tub with hot/warm water to your liking, toss one into the bath, let it fizz for a bit, then hop (ok, don’t hop into your tub, that is an injury waiting to happen) and enjoy!