When I started ridding our home of harsh chemicals and started to live more naturally I started focusing on lavender essential oil.
The Premium Starter Kit from Young Living (the only oils I trust to use for my family and home!) includes 10 amazing oils, and lavender is one of them! The kit is the best deal in town, plus I save 24% off each item I buy which means I can afford even more oils!
There are so many uses for lavender (lavender has over 200 chemical components, which is why it has so many uses!) that I couldn’t gather even half of them here, but these give you an amazing idea of how versatile this oil is, hence the nickname of “The Swiss Army Knife of Oils”.
- Add some drops to your vacuum canister to make vacuuming your home smell much more pleasant.
- Simply diffuse for a fresh and clean scent.
- Make your own relaxing linen spray by doing 1 part witch hazel to 1 part water with a few drops of lavender oil.
- I add a few drops of lavender oil to my laundry when I toss my sheets and comforter into the dryer to keep everything smelling super fresh!
- Or make your own dryer sheets instead!
- Make fabric softener with a vinegar base (1 cup) and a tablespoon of rubbing alcohol.
- Relax after a long day by taking an epsom salt bath with lavender oil.
- Reduce headaches and calm yourself by diffusing lavender (every Premium Starter Kit comes with your choice of a diffuser!) or mix with coconut oil and peppermint oil and applying to your temples/forehead.
- Make a calming bubble bath for thekiddos!
- Feeling anxious and crazy? Calm your anxiety and nerves by diffusing this powerhouse oil.
- Lavender oil also helps with keeping your digestive system in line and healthy.
- Soothe irritated skin by diluting lavender with a carrier oil (olive oil or coconut oil).
- Spend too much time in the sun? Lavender makes an amazing after sun relief.
- Got an ouchie? Try some ouch cream.
- Don’t forget to try some shaving cream to soothe your legs before you put on some soothing homemade lotion.
- Make homemade nighttime face or body lotion to relax and moisturize.
- Add a drop of lavender oil to your mascara tube to help grow longer and fuller lashes.
- Then remove your eye makeup while moisturizing the skin near your eyes with somemakeup removing cream.
- Also add it to your face wash. Lavender promotes healthy, clear, and smooth skin.
- Add lavender to a homemade facial astringent (along with tea tree oil and frankincense).
- Make a yummy lip balm for dry chapped lips using beeswax and shea butter.
- Detangle your hair with this homemadedetangler.
- Make asoothing eye pack.
- Add lavender to your coffee (yes, coffee!) to make ayummy latte!
- Add lavender to your lemonade for a yummy relaxing front porch drink.
(The above photo was take at the Young Living Lavender Farm in Utah!)
Essential oils are truly amazing alternatives to every day harsh chemicals and products. I replaced all of my cleaners with my all-purpose thieves cleaner and haven’t regretted it since. Everyday I’m finding more things in my everyday (especially beauty and wellness) routine to replace with oils. If you’re interested in living the oily life then be sure to head over to my Essential Oil page to get 24% off of everything you buy when you sign up as a distributor (with no obligation or requirement so sell anything!) and purchase the best deal in town, the Premium Starter Kit which contains the oil I talked about today!
Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Please confirm any information obtained from or through this web site with other sources, and review all information regarding any medical condition or treatment with your physician. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking medical treatment because of something you have read on this website.
A Night Owl Blog,Carrie This Home, Love Grows Wild, Boogie Board Cottage, Coastal Charm, Dwelling In Happiness, The Dedicated House, Confessions of a Plate Addict, A Stroll Thru Life, House on the Way, Tiny Sidekick, The Official Blog Guide, Enjoy the View, Oh My Creative, Just a Girl and Her Blog, Happy Kids Inc, Living Well Spending Less, Someday Crafts, The Blissful Bee, The Kitchen and Beyond, Ruffles and Rainboots, Hymns and Verses, The 36th Avenue, Practically Functional, Domestic Superhero, Coffee With Us 3,